Wednesday, January 20, 2010

DAY 020

Today I used my little Ikimono camera to take a picture of a puddle nestled outside of the Humanities building. I actually ended up having to take two photos because I wasn't sure if I had aimed the camera correctly the first time because the camera is so small! (It literally fits in the palm of my hand - it's barely bigger than the film that it uses.) I really like this camera because it uses 110 film, which turns out gorgeous, richly-hued photos even though it's really expensive to develop. The funny thing is that it was actually more popular than 35mm film for a while, but 35mm eventually won out and now it costs a lot more to get a roll of 110 film developed. Still, I'm such a sucker that I'll cough up the cash for it. Film is kind of like my kryptonite. (For some reason, only one of the shots came out. Oops? I wonder what happened to the other one...)

No comments:

Post a Comment