Friday, February 12, 2010

DAY 043

Oh, man. So I was super excited about getting some film developed at Costco (CHEAP!) this weekend, then I pulled the roll out of the camera and realized it was slide film. Eff. Not only does it take longer to get developed (most places have to send it out to other companies to do it), but it doesn't come back as prints unless you go to a special camera shop that will make prints for you. It's a time-consuming process and it costs more than I'd care to pay just for some prints. That being said, slides can be really cool, if you have a projector (which I do! thanks, Dad!) and a screen or just a wall to project onto. It's a really neat way to experience the images. I don't know how to explain it, but it's really mesmerizing to look at photographs when they're just made up of light. It's like watching a movie but without sound or movement, with only the hum and vibration of the projector.

Anyway, today's picture is of my English buddies, with their adorable faces all squished up together, Kerckhoff possibly squeezing into the background.

I must have had the shutter on the wrong speed because this picture is really washed out. It's still cute, though - I want to redo this photo.



Also, just because I feel like it and I really like them and I want to show them off, I'm posting three other pictures from the 110 roll that I just got developed! The first two are from an adventure last school year with the fearless Jacquelynn. The last is of a dead squirrel that I found while walking back from class. Someone had taken three purple blossoms and laid them on the corpse.





No comments:

Post a Comment