Saturday, May 22, 2010

DAY 142

Today was definitely the best Saturday of the quarter, if not the entire year! I slept in till 10am, then went with Laraine to the Silverlake Jubilee, where we saw a lot of hipsters, babies, and dogs. We got a ton of free stuff, including a tube of chapstick from Yelp and a bag of free food, laundry detergent, and cat treats. I also ate from food truck for the first time and drank a can of something called Rice Punch, which tasted like the Asian version of horchata. On the way to the jubilee, Laraine and I pulled over to a local farmer's market. I bought jalapeƱos and a potato for cheap, then I haggled in Spanish (this is what my minor is good for) to get a better price on the two dresses that Laraine and I bought. In looking for parking, we ended up driving a lot around Silverlake and discovered that it is awesome. Gorgeous views of the Griffith and the Hollywood hills! Crazy houses! Insane hills! It's like a nicer, Southern California edition of Belmont. Afterwards, we came back and I went to the Jane Austen Ball at Powell with Jackie. We got super dressed up and learned old dances. We also got told off by the instructor for making too many jokes and laughing too much, but I can't be serious because I'm such a horrible dancer! Now I'm back and ready for a long day of homework tomorrow.

Today's photos were all taken with the $3 and depict today's epicness.





No comments:

Post a Comment