Friday, April 23, 2010

DAY 113

Ok, I admit it: I've been a little lazy this week with my photos of the day. I keep forgetting to bring my camera with me, and I haven't been as focused on getting good shots. There are 51 other weeks in a year, though, so I'm not too worried!

Anyway, I just got back from Diana's party, where I took today's photo. Before I even walked in, I took my photo. It was an Asian party and the entryway before the front door was littered withat least 100 pairs of shoes. It was fantastic. I loved it. Then I walked in and the apartment was filled with so many people that you could barely walk anywhere. People were dancing and shouting and spilling drinks. I felt very tall, since most of the girls were shorter than me. It was very hot and sweaty. I saw some old floormates who gave me about 15 hugs in the space of a minute. A girl I didn't know stuck her hand out and introduced herself to me as I walked out the door while her boyfriend attempted to pull her away, giving me an apologetic smile. Then I walked home by myself, accidentally getting caught behind two girls in very short skirts and very high heels talking loudly to each other about some complicated situation apparently involving some boy that one of the girls liked. "Just tell him that some crazy shit went down," the other girl consoled her, "and that you're not ready to talk about it right now." A boy passing in the opposite direction and I smiled at each other about how ridiculous their conversation was.

I don't even know why I'm going into this now, but these are the things that I love. I love going to parties and dancing and being in these little, crazy, hot rooms. I love talking with people and feeling like I'm in a world so different from my everyday life. I love this nightlife I get to experience before I fall asleep, always too early. I love drunk people. I love their hugs and random introductions. I love being around them whether or not I'm drunk because I love the things they say. I love walking back after the party is over and listening to other drunk people I don't know say ridiculous things that I would never get to hear if they were sober. They don't care, I don't care. There is something very beautiful in this.




No comments:

Post a Comment