Sunday, April 11, 2010

DAY 101

I didn't actually end up taking any pictures at retreat with my own camera. Instead, every so often throughout the night I would see something and think, "This would make a good picture," but then I didn't want to miss anything by running to get my camera, so I never took any pictures. Oh well, no regrets.

But this turned out to be a lie, because I forgot that I had taken a picture of Jimmy passed out on the couch.



However, I did end up playing with someone else's camera. BLT, who came specifically to photograph our retreat, showed me how to use his $3000 camera. It was amazing. I didn't realize how much better a camera you can get if you just throw in a couple thousand dollars more. BLT told me that the big difference between my DSLR and his is that his has a larger depth of field. This means that the camera sees things more like the human eye, instead of cropping it like mine does. Also, it has a way better focusing system - it can literally focus on ahair. The pictures come out looking so professional, with people's faces illuminated perfectly. And the close-ups are amazing. Wow, I am so in love.

Here are the shots from BLT's nice camera:




Anyway, today's photo, in order to best illustrate our post-retreat morning-after state, is of Loosine curled up on a couch back at our apartment, taken with the $3 camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment