Wednesday, March 10, 2010

DAY 069

This afternoon, I helped set up the standee for Hot Tub Time Machine (well, more like I sat around and watched someone else more qualified set it up)! It was really cool talking to the guy while he put the cardboard pieces together. His name was Ivan and he apparently makes a pretty decent living doing this all day. He drives around from city to city to set up different cardboard contraptions for different movies. He told me how some standees can take up to two hours to set up, and he'd do multiple set-ups in a day. Since he does so much for the movie studios, he basically gets in free to any movie he wants. He can just walk into any theatre and watch a movie for free. Cool, huh? He also learns random things about celebrities. Did you know, for example, that Will Smith has a lazy eye? Neither did I. Anyway, this is a shot from the standee:


Also, Alli Quan discovered the secret to the "take a pitcha, leave tha camra" that I found. Look for the one with the red-checkered shoes - that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment